How To Get Bigger Pecs
I am going to show you how to get bigger pecs today. The pecs and chest muscles can be hard for some people to develop. Therefore I will show you the best ways to get your pecs up to scratch and start building shirt bursting pecs.
I will show you a couple of techniques to use to bring up your pecs. The first method is something you can easily add to your existing workouts if you like. The second, will be a complete chest workout.
How To Get Bigger Pecs With Supersets
The first method in which you can add to your current workout, will use something called supersets. This is where you perform two exercises back to back. For the chest you will start of with an isolation exercise to exhaust the pecs. Then go immediately into a compound exercise.
This means that you will start of with a set of dumbbell flys, then go straight into a set of bench presses after. The sets and reps will vary depending on your workout, but I will give you some guidelines to stick to. I’ll also give an example at the end to help explain everything.
For the sets you should stick to 3 for the supersets, or 4 sets at the most. If you usually do more sets on the bench – just do them as normal straight sets and perform supersets on the last 3.
For the reps to use, you can perform around 6-15 per exercise. The real target you want to hit here is to be doing at least 45 seconds of work over the two exercises. This means that you should do enough reps to last for 45 seconds. This will increase your time under tension and help ignite your pecs.
An example of this method would look like this:
1. Start of by doing any warm up sets of bench presses.
2. If you want to do more than 3-4 sets of bench presses – do them first,
3. On the last 3 sets perform a set of dumbbell flys first.
4. Move onto a set of a set of bench presses and ensure the two exercises last at least 45 seconds.
5. Rest for 1 minute
6. Perform another set of flys and benches, rest and continue like this until all sets are done.
How To Get Bigger Pecs Workout
I will now show you how to get bigger pecs with a complete workout. You can use this workout on the days you normally workout your chest. You can see the workout below and how to do it further down the page.
1. Barbell Bench Press: 6 (sets) x 5-8 (reps)
2. Incline Dumbbell Bench: 3 x 8-10
3. Dumbbell Fly: 3 x 15-30 *
* That last exercise for dumbbell flys is put to a large rep range for one main reason. The main target here is not reps but to ensure your set last between 45-60 seconds. Therefore, you should be timing yourself here more than counting how many reps you are doing. It should be challenging to do 45 seconds so don’t wimp out and pick a really light weight. If during the set you do not think you are going to hit 45 seconds – drop the weight, pick up a lighter one and continue until you reach 45 seconds. This last exercise to use to increase the time under tension and flood your pecs with blood.
Other than that there is not to much more to explain. Perform the exercises, set and reps as shown above. Take around 1-2 minutes rest between each set.
So now you know how to get bigger pecs with a couple of different techniques. Any questions of further comments you can shoot me an email or comment.
Thanks for reading my post on how to get bigger pecs today.