Full Body Workout Routine For Muscle Building
I had a great workout in the gym today, which was a full body workout routine for muscle building. I thought I’d share it with you in case you want to use it sometime. It is based on the 2 days per week workout routine which I am doing at the minute because I am extremely busy at the minute. I’ll put the workout below then explain it afterwards.
Full Body Workout For Mass
1. Squats: 3 (sets) x 5-7 (reps)
2. Power Cleans: 5 x 3
3. Cable Pull-Down: 2 muscle rounds of 6 (mini-sets) of 4 (reps)
4. Incline Bench Press: 2 muscle rounds of 6 (mini-sets) of 4 (reps)
5. Shoulder Press: 5 x 8-10
6. Biceps Curl: 5 x 8-10
Full Body Workout Explanation
The workout is fairly simple to do, just work through the exercises as noted. The first two exercises are done in straight sets and will work great for strength, power and mass. You can take around 1-2 minutes between sets for these two exercises.
Exercises 2 and 3 for the pull-downs and bench press use something called muscle rounds. To perform them you will do 6 mini sets of 4 reps, twice. You can read how to do them below:
1. Select a good back exercise like bent-over rows, chin ups or cable lat pull-downs.
2. Pick a weight you can do 10 reps with.
3. Do four reps and rest for 10 seconds.
4. Do another four reps and rest for 10 seconds
5. Keep doing 4 reps like this until you have completed 6 mini-sets.
6. After 6 mini-sets rest for 2 minutes, you have completed one muscle round.
7. Rest 2 minutes, then do one more muscle round (do 2 total muscle rounds).
The last two exercises are straights sets and are for volume to pump out the shoulders and biceps. You can take around 1 minute between sets here. I alternated back and fourth between the shoulders and biceps rather than doing 5 straight sets for each exercise. You can do this as well if you prefer.
I hope you enjoyed this post – Full Body Workout Routine For Muscle Building