3 Week Workout Plan For Fast Muscle Gains (Y3T & P/RR/S Workouts)
Today I am going to show you a 3 week workout plan for fast muscle gains. These workouts are based on the very effective Y3T program by Neil Hill and the P/RR/S program by Eric Broser. I should say from the start that these are my takes on the the workout styles. I am in no way affiliated with these programmes.
Anyway, lets get down into the workouts and get you some skin busting muscles.
If you don’t know what the Y3T or P/RR/S programmes are; they are workouts that use different styles of training each week. They mainly set out into a 3 week workout plan. The first week works the biggest and strongest muscle fibres (fast twitch), by using big exercises with low reps. The second week will attack the smaller and intermediate muscle fibres (slow twitch), by using more volume and reps. The third and final week will completely shock all of your muscles by using high intensity techniques.
If you are not sure how to do any of this, do not worry I will give you the workouts to do. But basically you are attacking your muscles with new training every week and forcing your muscles to grow.
I will start of with the first phase of the 3 week workout plan. This is power week were big compound exercises with low reps are used. You can get the workouts for week 1 below.
Week 1: Power
Workout 1 – Chest & Back
1. Bench Press: 5 (sets) x 4-6 (reps)
2. Chin Up or Pull Up: 5 x 4-6
3. Incline Bench Press: 3 x 5-7
4. Bent-Over Rows: 3 x 5-7
5. Decline Bench or Dips: 3 x 6-8
6. Close Grip Row: 3 x 6-8
Workout 2 – Legs
1. Squat: 10 (sets) x 5 (reps)
2. Leg Curl: 10 x 5
3. Leg Press: 3 x 5
4. Stiff Leg Deadlift: 3 x 5
Workout 3 – Shoulder & Arms
1. Shoulder Press: 5 (sets) x 4-6 (reps)
2. Barbell Biceps Curl: 5 x 4-6
3. Close Grip Bench: 5 x 4-6
4. Side Lateral Raise: 2 x 5
5. Triceps Extension: 4 x 4-6
6. Dumbbell Biceps Curls: 4 x 4-6
7. Front Lateral Raise: 3 x 6
Week 1: Power – Explanation
Rest – You can rest around 2-3 minutes between exercises during this phase, as you need more rest.
Exercises – Feel free to substitute or pick different exercises if you need to. Try to use big compound movements like the ones listed. Do not substitute leg extensions for squats because you prefer doing them.
Alternating Sets – If you want to save some time during the workout; you can use alternating sets. This is were you pair 2 exercises together and alternate between them. You can use less rest time using these. For example: on day 1′s workout you can pair the bench press and chin ups. You would do one set of bench presses, rest for 1 minute and then do one set of chin ups. Now keep alternating back and forth between the exercises until all sets have been completed. You can do this for all the workouts if you like.
Week 2: Volume
The second phase of the program is for volume, were the reps and total volume increase. You can see the workouts below.
Workout 1 – Chest & Back
1. Dumbbell Incline Bench: 3 (sets) x 8-10 (reps)
2. One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 x 8-10
3. Decline Dumbbell Bench: 3 x 10-12
4. Wide Grip Cable Pull-Down: 2 x 10-12
5. Dumbbell Chest Fly: 2 x 13-15
6. Underhand Cable Pull-Down: 2 x 13-15
Workout 2 – Legs
1. Front Squat: 3 (sets) x 8-10 (reps)
2. Stiff Leg Deadlift: 3 x 8-10
3. Bulgarian Split Squat: 3 x 10-12
4. Good Morning: 3 x 10-12
5. Leg Press: 2 x 13-15
6. Leg Curl: 2 x 13-15
Workout 3 – Shoulders & Arms
1. Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 (sets) x 8-10 (reps)
2. Barbell Biceps Curl: 3 x 10-12
3. Close Grip Bench: 3 x 10-12
4. Side Lateral Raise: 3 x 10-12
5. Triceps Extension: 3 x 13-15
6. Dumbbell Biceps Curls: 3 x 13-15
7. Front Lateral Raise: 2 x 13-15
Week 2: Volume – Explanation
Rest – You can use rest periods of 1-3 minutes during this phase. In the beginning you may want to use shorter rest periods, then increase them if you start to get tired later in the sets.
Apart from the rest periods; you can do the work as described in the week 1 workouts. You can substitute exercises as needed and use alternating sets if you like.
Week 3: Shock
We are now onto the final phase of the 3 week workout plan. This is were you will shock and annilihiate your muscles, to make your muscle grow whether they want to or not.
As there has been a lot of information on this post, I will post part 2 with the third week of workouts in the next post. You can read it here: Click here for Part 2 – 3 Week Workout Plan (Y3T & P/RR/S Workouts)
I hope you enjoyed today’s post – 3 week workout plan For Fast Muscle Gains (Y3T & P/RR/S Workouts)